Friday, June 8, 2012

Tonights Starting Team


Welcome to another Friday Free-roll.  This is our third week running it and hopefully we can crack the scoreboard.  Our past two weeks have been decent but nothing to brag about.  So here are my picks for this weeks Free-roll.

Sorry if this is poorly written.  To be frank with you, I have been up for a while and been dealing with my crying niece.  I wanted to post this just incase my team throws down 90 points.  So I can tell you I told you so.






C-  Ryan Hanigan:  Hanigan is the catcher mostly for the Reds.  He had a day off on Thursday so I expect him to be behind the dish on Friday.  He is just batting below .300 and I expect him to continue hitting.  He is less than 4K.  Even if he puts up 3 points I will be happy.

1B-  James Loney:  Loney bats around the 5 hole for the Dodgers and with Kemp out look for RBI’s out of the middle of the order to pick up the slack.

2B-  Rickie Weeks:  Weeks is only 5K and is 6 for 12 off of Volquez with two homeruns. 

3B-  David Wright:  Wright is straight fire this entire season and is the only offensive threat besides Duda for the Mets.  If any runs are going to be scored, it will be done by Wright.

SS-  Zack Cozart:  Cozart leads it off for the Reds and has been killing the ball lately.  He has 8 hits in his last 5 games.

OF-  Raul Ibanez:  Ibanez is not a name you usually throw around on the Yankees, but he has a lot of experience against Johan.  He bats behind the big bats so he has a possibility of driving in runs.

OF-  Colby Rasmus:  Matthew Berry told me to pick him.  So I am picking him

OF-  Mark Trumbo:  Trumbo is Trumbo.  If the Angels decide to hit, Trumbo should walk out with at least two hits and a double.  Watch out for Mike Trout and Pujols too… (hint hint.)

SP-  Shaun Marcum:  He is pitching against the Padres and that is not saying much.  He has good numbers against them and should have a good showing.  In his last two starts he has two wins, 14 innings and 17 K’s.

RP-  Craig Kimbrel:  Yes, I know Kimbrel is expensive, but I have left you with more than enough money to spare.  With Beachy throwing tomorrow for the Braves, the Jays shouldn’t be scoring much.

No comments:

Post a Comment