Saturday, February 2, 2013

3 Thoughts

As I sit here watching the Michigan vs. Indiana game and the Wizards vs. Spurs game I have realized a couple things.  Some of which are only reconfirmations of past beliefs but also some new insight on other things.  Read after the jump, if you want to read my thoughts on Indiana and the Wizards.





First Thought:  

Victor Oladipo of Indiana is my pick for the player of the year in college basketball.  He came to Indiana as a defense minded swingman with limited offensive game.  Now he is averaging 15 points, 2 assists, and 6 Rebounds while playing tremendous defense.  The 6-5 wingman from Upper Marlboro, Maryland (Played at Dematha Catholic in Maryland- I only mention this because I have a love for basketball players from the DMV 'DC, Maryland, Virginia'), is shooting 66% from the field and 53% from deep.  Believe it or not he only averages 27.6 minutes a game.  So he is a great all-around player and is extremely efficient.

I have been saying that I think Oladipo is the player of the year for the last two weeks.  Although I want Michigan to win because I am not that big of an Indiana fan, I do think it would be great if Indiana wins because it would solidify Oladipo as the player of the year. If you read my last post about my top 10 draft picks for next year, you might have noticed I did not have Oladipo on that list.  This is because I am not sure he will leave college early and I don't think he has as high of a ceiling as some of those other players.





Second Thought:
Indiana is my pick right now to win the NCAA tournament this March.  I might not pick them in my bracket, but they are a great team that plays strong defense, has a great center in Cody Zeller, a smart point guard in Jordan Hulls, and a player of the year candidate Victor Oladipo.

Third Thought:
The Wizards might not be as good as I thought (or was hoping) for.  That is all.  But they are making some sort of a come back against the Spurs.  I hope we pull this one out.  John Wall is actually a very good point guard, regardless of what some people think. Below is his crossover on Ish Smith.


















1 comment:

  1. Oladipo's near dunk on that alley-oop that he missed would've been the play of the year had he finished it off...the man can literally jump out of the gym

    ReplyDelete