Friday, February 1, 2013

Prediction: NBA Top 10 Draft Picks 2013


Most college basketball fans are sitting at home thinking its the 1st of February, March is on the doorstep and it is almost time for March Madness.  NBA fans are thinking its only about half way through the season and the all-star game hasn't occurred yet.  And then there are people like me, who are already looking at who is going to be drafted in this years upcoming NBA draft, and NO, it is NOT because my Washington Wizards are due for a high draft pick.  (Unrelated note: I do not think the Wizards are as awful as their record may show, and I could see us picking in the mid teens this year).  I have compiled a list, in no order, who I think will be the top 10 draft picks in June, and yes, it is only february, and neither the college basketball season nor the NBA season is over.  If the NBA did not institute the one year at college rule, I must say that my top 10 would be different because Andrew Wiggins, from Huntington Prep (same high school that produced OJ Mayo) would most definitely be a top 10 pick.  My list is after the jump...




1.  Alex Len. 7-1, 255 lbs. Maryland. Soph. Center


















2.  Nerlens Noel. 6-10, 228 lbs.  Kentcuky. Frosh. Center














3.  Willie Cauley-Stein. 7-0, 244 lbs. Kentucky. Frosh. Center



4.  Ben McLemore. 6-5, 195 lbs. Kansas. Frosh.  SG



5. Shabazz Muhammad. 6-6, 222 lbs. UCLA. Frosh.  SG-SF



6.  Anthony Bennett. 6-8, 240 lbs.  UNLV. Frosh. PF


7.  Otto Porter Jr.  6-8, 205 lbs. Georgetown. Soph. SF-PF


8.  Michael Carter-Williams. 6-6, 185 lbs. Syracuse. Soph. PG


9.  Cody Zeller. 7-0, 240 lbs. Indiana. Soph. Center


10.  Marcus Smart. 6-4, 225 lbs. Oklahoma State. Frosh. PG



This is obviously a very early look at who I think will be a top 10 draft pick for this upcoming draft, but I do love to look at this stuff now.  There are, however, some other players that could also be in the top 10, who I do not have on this list.  These include Alex Poythress from Kentucky, Isaiah Austin from Baylor, and Victor Oladipo from Indiana






 

No comments:

Post a Comment