Sunday, May 20, 2012

Shit My Uncle Feeds Me

Well Flock followers, it looks like you are about to be graced with a second coming of the "Fresh Men." Pajamas has gotten on our backs about making more posts, so aside from my daily(weekdays that is, excluding holidays and days I just flat out forget) "She's Married to Who?!" post, I'll be making this a regular column. We've made our migrations from The Zoo, and mine has landed me in a new nest. Quite a ways south of my usual shitting grounds, I've found myself staying with my uncle in New Jersey, just outside the city of brotherly love.
My uncle is a bit of a health nut and with that comes a drastic change to my diet. On the menu tonight.....quinoa, "the soul food of the Andes." A grain-like plant whose seeds are edible, the quinoa plant is fittingly a member of the goosefoot family. Which is funny, because geese feet probably taste better(aside from mine). What is quinoa like you ask? It has the texture like what I imagine wet confetti would have. What does it taste like? Stick your tongue out. That slight hint of nothing-ness that air has, is more flavor than quinoa. I'm not sure if my uncle prepared it wrong, or if this is actually the most bland thing I've ever eaten. My advice? Go D Schneid on that quinoa, and add copious amounts of buffalo sauce.

1 comment: