Friday, May 18, 2012

Where is the Love for Aroldis Chapman?

This guy throws 100+ mph, is a lefty, has a strikeout-to-walk ratio of 5:1, and has an ERA of 0.00 in 20.1 innings! Why have I heard next to nothing about him?  Dude is only 24 years old!  Enough with the Stephen Strasberg live look-ins on Baseball Tonight, I want to see Aroldis Chapman instead.  


Why is he not starting?  You can't tell me that he's not better than 4 out of 5 guys in the Reds rotation.  Who do they have starting?  Johnny Cueto, Bronson Arroyo, and three other scrubs.  I love me some Bronson but hands down this guy needs to be in there before him and the three other guys.

Also, does this guy have a nickname?  I'm debating between the Cuban Assassin and Fidel's Flamethrower.

1 comment:

  1. Chapman is having a phenomenal year but he is 0% ready to be a starter and i'll point to his medical history as evidence. Hes one of those pitchers that has turned baseball into a game of inning limits and radar guns. And ever heard of a guy called Matt Latos? P.s. Arroyo is not that good.

    ReplyDelete