Thursday, May 24, 2012

What is Draftstreet?

For some of you that do not know what Draftstreet is, I will give you a quick rundown.  It is a daily Fantasy site which you can play for free or money.  I usually play in $2 leagues daily and then I play in the Freerolls on Fridays.  They have all sports and the best part is NO COMMITMENT.  This keeps me active during the season since I am not in a regular MLB fantasy league this year.  Why you ask?  PJ.  PJ is the reason why.  When I first met PJ we talked about fantasy baseball, the season finally came around and we got real serious.  We had 12 member league and were ready to draft and then he says "I don't want to play because I only play weekly leagues, I can't commit to daily leagues."  Are you kidding me?  Weekly fantasy baseball league?  This was straight bush league.  We got in heated arguments and instead of trying to work it out, we ended the league and never spoke of it again.  Anyways my point of that story is that PJ was being a straight vagine.  If you can't deal with daily fantasy baseball, don't even tell me you want to be in a league.  Do not even say you play fantasy baseball if you play weekly.  PJ blue balled the fuck out of me, and the only way I could keep my cool was though Draftstreet.

Draftstreet is different than the usual snake draft fantasy leagues.  It is salary cap leagues.  So you get $100,000 to spend on 14 positions.  C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF, OF, OF, U, U, SP, SP, RP, P.  Usually pitchers are more expensive and players who are hot are pricey as well.  The league has its own live scoring system, so all you have to do is draft, wait, and watch.  You never know what might happen.

For an example on prices, the most expensive pitcher for Friday is Clayton Kershaw.  Kershaw is just above $18,000.  So if you decide to pick him up, you only have about 80% of your salary left to pick the remaining 13 players.  the most expensive hitter is Josh Hamilton.  Hambone is a cool $12,000.  Picking up these players requires you to pick lower valued players who usually suck.

My advise is to spend $30,000- $35,000 on pitchers and the remaining on hitters.  If you do this, you can spend an average of $6,500 per hitter and this can get you a very good team.  Finally, if you really want your team to excel, make sure everyone is starting.  I have created plenty of teams who had potential, but have lost because of players who didn't play.  This is usually the case with catchers, so check the starting lineup before the games start, this will honestly only take 4 minutes.

Player to pick up: Jonathan Lucroy.  Lucroy is the catcher for the Brewers and is straight fire.  He bats anywhere from leadoff to fifth.  He is on a tear right now and I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't continue to hit.  If you pick him up, make sure he is starting.  Remember he is a catcher and squatting down for 9 innings a night can be strenuous.  All catchers need rest.  Good luck everyone and good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment