Sunday, December 18, 2011

Barstool is Overrated

Let me start this blog with a full disclaimer: I love Barstool Sports. Having said that, Barstool has begun to annoy me for three reasons.

1) They never give anyone credit for sending them stories.
A few days ago, I tweeted at El Pres, alerting him of a story about kids getting suspended for Tebowing in school. Naturally, I was ecstatic when this story appeared on the Stool, but I soon realized I got NO CREDIT for sending him the story. Now I realize that I may not have been the only one to send it to him and he may have come across it himself, but it got me thinking. There is no way the employees of Barstool come across all these stories by themselves, yet besides an occasional "Reader Email" no one gets any credit. C'mon Barstool, start throwing some shout outs to your loyal readers.

2) They don't copy edit their articles.
Now I realize that Barstool is not The New York Times, but still their articles shouldn't have simple spelling and grammar mistakes. I mean how hard is it to use spellcheck? You just look stupid and lose credibility when you make dumb mistakes. I think I was a better writer from a gramatical standpoint than El Pres when I was in third grade.

3) El Pres is so full of himself.
Hey Portnoy, you run a fucking website for a living: your are not that special. Also, how old are you? And you still hit on college girls? That's more sad than anything. AMarko covered this earlier in the week here. The other problem I have with "El Pres" is that he acts like anyone who doesn't like him is committing a crime against humanity. Grow the fuck up bro, act like a mature adult, and get over yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment